Here are some fun things for teens and tweens to do at home when they’re bored out of their minds! These ideas are perfect for rainy days or days when you just don’t feel like going anywhere!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link I might get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
1. Write a short story
2. Draw a picture
3.Write a letter to your friend
Yes, yes, I know you can just text them but… it’s kinda exciting when you receive a letter from a friend in the mail!
4. Decorate or rearrange your bedroom
This is a pretty fun thing to do when you’re bored.
Here are some fun bedroom/dorm room decor ideas for teen girls!
5. Organize your bedroom
For the teen who loves to organize this would be something fun to do! I do find it fun every now and then (especially when I rearrange my room) but most of the time, I just hope that all my papers will organize themselves…
6. Watch a movie you haven’t seen since you were little
7. Cook a meal for your family
That’s right, you get to serve your family breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Or all three if you want to take on that challenge. 😉
8. Play a game with your siblings
9. Read a book to your siblings
10. Learn a new skill
11. Try a new cookie recipe
- Brownie Cookies from I Heart Eating
- M&M Cookies from Tastes Better from Scratch
- Blueberry Cookies from OMG Chocolate Desserts (I’ve never had blueberry cookies before… this sounds super delicious!)
- Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies from Sprinkles for Breakfast
12. Write a poem
13. Make a craft you found on Pinterest
14. Make a bath bomb
15. Make some lemonade
Try making different kinds of lemonade! Here’s a raspberry lemonade recipe I found from Fireflies and Mudpies!
I had raspberry lemonade at a friend’s house recently and it was delicious! 😋
Here are a few more flavors to try!
- Strawberry lemonade from African Bites
- Orange lemonade from Eat Picks
- Blueberry lemonade from Butter and Bliss
- Ginger lemonade also from Butter and Bliss
- Blackberry lemonade from Kitchen Cents
16. Play a minute to win it game
Here are some fun minute to win it games from My Tuesday Therapy
17. Make your own bucket list
There are probably many things you want to do in life. Why not write them all down?
18. Make a gift for a friend
19. Read that book you never got around to reading
You know that pile of books waiting to be picked up and read? Me neither, I read them almost immediately. ?
But if you happen to have a TBR pile somewhere, now’s a good time to read them!
20. Make a bookmark
21. Watch a funny movie or show
22. Play your favorite board game
23. Knit a scarf
24. Crochet a hat
25. Learn to play an instrument
26. Solve a riddle
27. Make a scrapbook
Here are some scrapbook supplies you might need:
28. Design your dreamhouse
29. Bake scones
30. Bake blueberry muffins
Also, if you’re a fan of cranberries, check out this cranberry muffin recipe!
31. Make a list of your goals
Everything you’d like to accomplish or maybe even need to get done before the day, week, month, or year is over.
32. Make friendship bracelets
For your friends or for your siblings!
33. Listen to a podcast
Here are some of my favorite podcasts:
- Relatable with Allie Beth Stuckey–– all about biblical theology, politics, and life!
- The Place We Find Ourselves–all about trauma, attachment, abuse, interpersonal neurobiology, and how to engage your own stories in deep and transformative ways.
- Making Sense of a Healthy Life–as the title says, this podcast is all about making sense of a healthy life when it comes to exercise, food, relationships, and more!
- Cleaning Up the Mental Mess with Dr. Caroline Leaf–basically how to take care of your mental health through all the craziness of life.
34. Clean out your closet
35. Make a music video
36. Sleepover with friends!
Maybe have a weeklong sleepover in the summer??
37. Do a Sudoku puzzle
38. Learn how to take care of plants
If you want to keep your sunny flower from dying (again), check out these gardening websites! They were super helpful for me when I was looking for more info on my Gerbera Daisies.
39. Sew a pillow
Here’s an adorable peanut pillow pattern from Etsy!
40. Take silly pictures
41. Go through an old photo album
42. Share funny stories about what you did when you were little
43. Write a song
44. Listen to a musical
Here are some awesome musicals you should listen to! They’re all my favorites 😆
- Newsies (Broadway and movie)
- Anastasia (the Broadway version)
- Finding Neverland
- His Story the Musical
- The Greatest Showman
- Dear Evan Hansen
- Hello, Dolly
- The Sound of Music
- Singing in the Rain
45. Write a musical
If you’re feeling a little ambitious, you should try writing a musical of your own!
46. Paint rocks
47. Write down what you’re thankful for
Maybe start a gratitude journal. I’ve recently started writing down one thing that I’m thankful for every day. The catch is I can’t write the same thing twice. It helps when I think about super specific things I’m thankful for.
48. Leave random notes for your family
They could be anything from encouraging and inspiring, to silly and funny! Could be movie or book quotes or bible verses… anything you want!
49. Read a magazine
50. Memorize bible verses
Here are some good ones to start off with:
- Deuteronomy 6:5 – “You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.” (ESV)
- Joshua 1:9– ‘Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous, do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” (ESV)
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.” (ESV)
- Ephesians 2:4-5 – “But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ. By grace you have been saved.” (ESV)
- Ephesians 2:8-9 – “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works so that no one may boast.” (ESV)
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 – “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.” (ESV)
Or you could work on memorizing a whole book of the bible! Jude is one of the shortest books in the bible… just so you know 😉
51. Memorize the capital of every state in the U.S.
52. Learn a magic trick
53. Write a letter to your future self
54. Make a collage of your favorite things
55. Learn a new song
56. Learn how to dance
57. Build a pillow/blanket fort
58. Make a wreath for your front door
59. Start bullet journaling
Check out these fun bullet journal ideas from Life by Whitney!
Fun notebooks to use for your bullet journaling:
60. Learn a new language
Check out these websites/apps if you’re interested in learning a language:
61. Have a fashion show wearing random things from your closet
62. Make a list of every book you’ve ever read
63. Clean the whole house
64. Make a decoration using a paper plate
65. Clean out your coat pockets
66. Act out a movie with your siblings
If you want a real challenge, you could act out the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy!
67. Dance off with your family
68. Make a paper airplane
69. Make cupcakes
70. Make your own indoor/outdoor scavenger hunt
71. Play mind-bending games (like riddles)
72. Learn the alphabet in sign language
73. Write a skit or play
74. Make an ice cream sandwich
75. Start writing a novel
76. Make smoothies
I found a few awesome-sounding smoothie recipes for you to try!
- Blueberry banana smoothie from Go Dairy Free
- Raspberry peach smoothie from The Recipe Critic
- Pineapple smoothie from Build Your bite
- Peach mango smoothie from Healthier Steps
- Strawberry smoothie from Chocolate Covered Katie
77. Paint your fingernails
78. Take pictures of the sky during a sunset
79. Watch a sunrise
If you’re an early bird like me, you might want to try getting up early enough to watch the sky come to life! It’s always so cool to see the darkness slowly give way to the blue, pinks, and oranges of the sunrise.
80. Make a necklace
81. Watch funny YouTubers
If you don’t know any, here are some awesome YouTube channels to watch:
- La Guardia Cross.
- The Holderness Family.
- Studio C.
- Blimey Cow.
- JK Studios.
- After School Program.
- Sunday Cool Tees.
82. Learn how to French braid/Dutch braid your hair
Or someone else’s hair… that works too!
I hope these fun ideas will help you put your boredom to death and enjoy your day!
More fun things to do!
- 31 Fun Summer Bucket List Ideas
- 10 Happy Songs to Brighten Your Day
- 40 Fun Fall Bucket List Ideas
- 25 Inspiring Songs to Motivate You
- 30 Fun Christmas Bucket List Ideas
Liked this post?? Share it on Pinterest!