Here are some fun things for teens and tweens to do at home when they’re bored out of their minds! These ideas are perfect for rainy days or days when you just don’t feel like going anywhere!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking a link I might get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
1. Write a short story
2. Draw a picture
3.Write a letter to your friend
Yes, yes, I know you can just text them but… it’s kinda exciting when you receive a letter from a friend in the mail!
4. Decorate or rearrange your bedroom
This is a pretty fun thing to do when you’re bored.
Here are some fun bedroom/dorm room decor ideas for teen girls!
5. Organize your bedroom
For the teen who loves to organize this would be something fun to do! I do find it fun every now and then (especially when I rearrange my room) but most of the time, I just hope that all my papers will organize themselves…
6. Watch a movie you haven’t seen since you were little
7. Cook a meal for your family
That’s right, you get to serve your family breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Or all three if you want to take on that challenge. 😉
8. Play a game with your siblings
9. Read a book to your siblings
10. Learn a new skill
11. Try a new cookie recipe
- Brownie Cookies from I Heart Eating
- M&M Cookies from Tastes Better from Scratch
- Blueberry Cookies from OMG Chocolate Desserts (I’ve never had blueberry cookies before… this sounds super delicious!)
- Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies from Sprinkles for Breakfast
12. Write a poem
13. Make a craft you found on Pinterest
14. Make a bath bomb
15. Make some lemonade
Try making different kinds of lemonade, like, strawberry, orange, etc.
16. Play a minute to win it game
Here are some fun minute to win it games from My Tuesday Therapy
17. Make your own bucket list
There are probably many things you want to do in life. Why not write them all down?
18. Make a gift for a friend
19. Read that book you never got around to reading
You know that pile of books waiting to be picked up and read? Me neither, I read them almost immediately. ?
But if you happen to have a TBR pile somewhere, now’s a good time to read them!
20. Make a bookmark
21. Watch a funny movie or show
22. Play your favorite board game
And if you don’t know which board game’s your favorite, now’s the time to find out!
23. Knit a scarf
24. Crochet a hat
25. Learn to play an instrument
26. Solve a riddle
27. Make a scrapbook
Here are some scrapbook supplies you might need:
28. Design your dreamhouse
29. Bake scones
30. Bake blueberry muffins
Also, if you’re a fan of cranberries, check out this cranberry muffin recipe!
31. Make a list of your goals
Everything you’d like to accomplish or maybe even need to get done before the day, week, month, or year is over.
32. Make friendship bracelets
For your friends or for your siblings!
33. Listen to a podcast
Here are some of my favorite podcasts:
34. Clean out your closet
35. Make a music video
36. Sleepover with friends!
37. Do a Sudoku puzzle
38. Learn how to take care of plants
39. Sew a pillow
Here’s an adorable peanut pillow pattern from Etsy!
40. Take silly pictures
41. Go through an old photo album
42. Share funny stories about what you did when you were little
43. Write a song
44. Listen to a musical
45. Write a musical
46. Paint rocks
47. Write down what you’re thankful for
48. Leave random notes for your family
49. Read a magazine
50. Memorize bible verses
51. Memorize the capital of every state in the U.S.
52. Learn a magic trick
53. Write a letter to your future self
54. Make a collage of your favorite things
55. Learn a new song
56. Learn how to dance
57. Build a pillow/blanket fort
58. Make a wreath for your front door
59. Start bullet journaling
Check out these fun bullet journal ideas from Life by Whitney!
Fun notebooks to use for your bullet journaling:
60. Learn a new language
Check out these websites/apps if you’re interested in learning a language:
61. Have a fashion show wearing random things from your closet
62. Make a list of every book you’ve ever read
63. Clean the whole house
64. Make a decoration using a paper plate
65. Clean out your coat pockets
66. Act out a movie with your siblings
If you want a real challenge, you could act out the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy!
67. Dance off with your family
68. Make a paper airplane
69. Make cupcakes
70. Make your own indoor/outdoor scavenger hunt
71. Play mind-bending games (like riddles)
72. Learn the alphabet in sign language
73. Write a skit or play
74. Make an ice cream sandwich
75. Start writing a novel
76. Make smoothies
77. Paint your fingernails
78. Take pictures of the sky during a sunset
79. Watch a sunrise
80. Make a necklace
81. Watch funny YouTubers
If you don’t know any, here are some awesome YouTube channels to watch:
La Guardia Cross. The Holderness Family. Studio C. Blimey Cow. After School Program. Sunday Cool Tees.
82. Learn how to French braid/Dutch braid your hair
Or someone else’s hair… that works too!
I hope these fun ideas will help you put your boredom to death and enjoy your day!
More fun things to do!
- 31 Fun Summer Bucket List Ideas
- 10 Happy Songs to Brighten Your Day
- 40 Fun Fall Bucket List Ideas
- 25 Inspiring Songs to Motivate You
- 30 Fun Christmas Bucket List Ideas
Liked this post?? Share it on Pinterest!